BEHIND THE BRAND: NUDIE JEANSAugust 15, 2014
Imagine owning just one pair of jeans for the rest of your life. Impossible, we hear you cry. Well back down naysayer – because there’s one brand that can pretty much guarantee your legs a life-long partner.
Founded in 2001 by three denim aficionados, Swedish brand Nudie is considered to be one of the best jeans makers in the world. How so? Well, each and every pair is produced from the finest of Italian materials and manufactured to last years upon years. The journey doesn’t end here – all around the world you can find Nudie repair shops, where sewers and their machines sit waiting to tend to your destroyed trousers. No rip a problem, no tear a challenge; look after your Nudie jeans and they’ll look after you.
With this in mind, we headed down to the Nudie repair shop in London’s Soho in search for the naked truth on how to care for your denim. Below are six top tips from Nudie man, Anton Melin.
– Don’t wash your dry jeans for at least 6 months.
– When you are thinking about washing your jeans after six months, don’t! Wait at least another six months.
– Air your jeans for 15 minutes every week to keep them fresh.
– Patch and repair your jeans to make them last longer. You can order a free Nudie Jeans repair kit or visit one of our Nudie Jeans Repair Shops.
– Wear your jeans every day and they will become your second skin.
– If somehow your beloved jeans hit a point beyond repair (we wouldn’t suggest rock climbing in them) you can put them in our Nudie recycle program. In return you receive a discount voucher on your next pair to help continue our Eco Cycle. “Out of the ashes rises a Phoenix”.
Take a look at our new Nudie Jean Replica collection.