ON THE MENU: VEGAN STRAWBERRY COCONUT POPSICLESJune 29, 2016
We’ve been waiting patiently for summer to kick in here in the rainy UK, but without a glimmer of sunshine, and a LOT of rain, we’ve decided to get on with enjoying some summer treats anyway.
Queue the arrival of the strawberry and coconut milk popsicle: a soft and creamy sweet treat that you can indulge in with zero guilt. Not only are they dairy-free, but they’re packed full of fresh fruit and healthy fat from the coconut milk, take just 10 minutes to whip up and of course, make a great ‘gram.
Makes 8 popsicles
One punnet strawberries
1 can full-fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon strawberry jam (optional)
3 tablespoons maple syrup
Handful of mint leaves to garnish
1. Add the strawberries, coconut milk, maple syrup, strawberry jam and lime juice to the blender. Blend until completely smooth.
2. Make sure you taste the mixture for sweetness and add more maple syrup or jam if it tastes too sour.
3. Pour the mixture into your popsicle moulds and push wooden ice lolly sticks into the mixture
4. Freeze for five hours until completely frozen
5. When you take your popsicles out the freezer, run the moulds under hot water for 10-15 seconds and pull loose