Sustainable Drinkware Guide
It’s official. We’re a hot country. Well, maybe that’s a slight exaggeration but it is sweltering out there. Everyone needs a bottle of water on the go and a caffeine fix to combat the hot sleepless nights. We all know plastic is poisoning the planet, and the UK throws away 2.5 billion disposable cups every year, with less than one percent of coffee cups being recycled and half a million cups littered EVERY day. So, stay hydrated and do your bit for the environment this summer by investing in sustainable drinkware. Here’s our top reusable cups and bottles…
Discounts for using sustainable drinkware:
- Pret A Manger – 50p off hot drinks.
- Starbucks – 25p off hot drinks (they’re also now charging an extra 5p to those customers who choose to use Starbucks paper cups instead of bringing their own reusable alternative).
- Costa – 25p off hot and cold drinks.
- Paul – 25p off hot drinks.
- Greggs – 25p off hot drinks.
- Caffe Nero – Double loyalty stamps.
- Independent Coffee Shops – A variety of independent coffee shops around the UK also offer discounts to those customers who use reusable coffee cups. Ask at your local independent to see if they’re participating in this!
Chilly’s are on an undeterred mission to accelerate the every day usage of reusable products, whilst effectively keeping you well hydrated during this insane heatwave. Their message is simple: Use Less, Drink More. Sounds like a win, win to us. With their leak-proof double wall construction, they’ll also keep your drink cold for up to 24 hours or hot for up to 18 hours. Plus, the bottles come in a variety of aesthetically pleasing designs that will make you the envy of the office. Check out the playful flamingo print edition or the standout neon version (so cool, right?!).
Klean Kanteen is the family-owned company who introduced the first stainless steal, BPA-free reusable water bottle in 2004. Their stainless steel water bottles are coated in a chip-resistant, durable Klean coat finish, making them entirely ready for a lifetime of use (so, no need to worry about having to replace your bottle). The double-wall vacuum insulation keeps drinks hot for 20 hours or cold for 50 hours. Their durable design also makes them perfect for biking to work with or taking to the gym for your daily workout. Is there a more practical way to stay hydrated? We think not.
Stojo created the world’s first ultra-portable, compact, leak-proof reusable cup, designed for people who live on the go. With a dual purpose heat insulated sleeve to protect your hands from scalds and ice burns, they offer a strong grip, making them perfect for those pesky bumpy morning commutes. You can also quickly collapse the Stojo mug so that it fits into your bag or purse, making it super easy to carry around. The ultimate convenience. We’ll take one to go!